Courtsey of Vogue.com
Here’s a brief look at her style evolution through the years:
1. The OG of plunging neckline dresses at the 2000 Grammy Awards: You must have guessed that first on our list is the iconic sheer green Versace dress. Google Image Search was invented as a result of this dress! Now THAT is seriously #breaktheinternet worthy. Another jaw-dropping Lopez-Versace look was the leg-baring black gown at Fashion Rocks 2014.
2. A muted, mint Valentino gown at the 2003 Academy Awards: J Lo deserves credit for her role in the monochromatic-pastel movement, starting with her Academy Awards look in 2001. She redefined glamour by donning looks comprised of neutrals, pastels, and shimmer. The 2003 Valentino one-shoulder ensemble quickly became a Lopez signature.
3. J Lo in a fitted, sheer Zuhair Murad at the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party: This was yet another risqué and dramatic look that proves why Lopez is such a timeless beauty. She was serving major illusion and metallic goals – a trend still popular today.
4. Lopez shines in bright yellow at the 2016 Golden Globes: Just when you thought the canary yellow was the star of the show, J Lo hit you with her wow factor. A sparkly clutch, and wine lips and nails were the accents to this Giambattista Valli high-slit gown. The yellow was reminiscent of Lopez’s vibrant Michael Kors gown at the 2004 Golden Globes.
5. Making the sartorial mark in Balmain at the 2018 Met Gala: One of J Lo’s fiercest looks ever, this heavily embroidered, structured gown was in keeping with the Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination theme. The high-slit dress featured a black, feather train and neckline cutouts.Olivier Rousteing auctioned the dress to raise money for RED, an AIDS charity.